Tuesday, June 26, 2012

An item checked off my bucket list...

Today was another fabulous day in NYC. I have learned so much. Two new pieces of learning that I will share...writing is hard work and you need an environment where students can accomplish all this hard work and writing conferences should be natural and it is okay if they bomb, you just move on. The most exciting part of my day was my run through Central Park. I truly felt like a New Yorker as I ran along side all the people in the park. It was on my bucket list and now I can check it off. I even ran into a celebrity. He is not super famous or drop dead gorgeous, but famous nonetheless. I saw Elmo as I was coming around the south end of the park. I need to go back to the park to get some pictures...it is an amazing park...statues, lakes, and trees. I will treasure this event for the rest of my life! Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment