Monday, June 25, 2012

Columbia University...5 Wilson Teachers...we've made it to the ivy league

I have learned a lot of new information and had a lot of fun. I should be showing and not telling; however, I will save that for writing about the small moments in my journal later tonight. Listening to Lucy Calkins speak today has rejuvenated my energy for teaching. I like listening to the insights and stories that she has to share and I can't wait for the rest of the week. Here are some of my bits of new learning...IADD's are important to writing...inner thought, action, description, and details. I may be crazy, but that is what makes my writing personal...what an important idea to keep in my mind. Classroom set-up is important...you can't rearrange an engineering classroom with tables in rows unless you remove the bolts from the floor...they must not use a workshop model in their classes in Mudd Hall. I can't wait to collaborate and share my new learning with everyone else. Day 1 was filled with so much...what will day 2 bring?Becky

1 comment:

  1. Great Post! I love the IADD. I agree it makes writing more personal. Using our own words and details/descriptions that we pick up, form that connection. You are not crazy.
    I also agree that classroom setup is very important. If anyone needs help rearranging a room please let me know! I can help move/setup any of the tech to free up space in your classroom.

    ReplyDelete