Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Another Amazing Day

To start off hearing a fabulous key note speaker this morning stressing the importance of working together as a community to build on a child's learning from year to year and teacher to teacher really jump started my day. It really reinforced the importance of collaborating with one another to make sure we build on upon our students' prior writing knowledge. The Institute has taught me more than just strategies to use when teaching. It has also made me a better writer. Being immersed in the workshop model and going through the process has made me realize that writing essays is easier for me than writing narrative stories. I was a student in a conference and a small group lesson today and it really helped my writing grow. I can only imagine how important this feedback will be for my students. See the charts below of the anchor charts from the writing lesson I was part of today. Becky

1 comment:

  1. I love the anchor charts! I'm very excited to hear more about these awesome writing strategies! Also...Becky I like your water bottle in the "lunch time" picture! Have a safe trip home and I will see you all soon. -Barbara

    ReplyDelete