Thursday, June 28, 2012

Hello from C. Gosch

I believe I've had effective, strong training in the past, however, this experience at Columbia rates in the top 2 professional development opportunities I've been a part of in my 20+ years of being an educator. Every Teacher College Staff Developer has been incredibly knowledgeable and articulate with the subject matter. It's a proud feeling to be amongst these educators and around so many others who are passionate about what we do each and every day. Dana and I spent a little time throughout the day talking through the most important pieces we want to share with our primary teachers. There are too many "aha" moments to even count on my fingers and toes. Thank goodness for the iPad, I couldn't possibly write fast enough. Here's what to look forward to: powerful mentor texts, writing partnerships (perfect with our collaboration), new interactive writing ideas, revising verses editing, conferring effectively and consistently, common core in writing and management tools to pull it altogether. We listened to author, Jack Gantos, this morning. He was hysterical! Tonight we are hoping to attend a Broadway production. Melissa, I've got my headband ready for the big night! It matches my tooth. Good-bye for now.

3 comments:

  1. Cannot wait to learn about all the new writing ideas from you and the other Wilson staff! I am excited to implement these new ideas into writer's workshop. Thank you guys for taking the time to continue to help Wilson become even better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris,
    Emma beamed from ear to ear last night when she read your postcard from NY! Thank you so much for thinking of her. She is already looking forward to September and it is hardly July!!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs. Gosch,
    It was so amazing that Noah and Maddie received your postcard today because Noah wrote you a letter while at Middies’ tennis lessons this morning. How perfect!!! It sounds like you are having an amazing time and learning so much, can’t wait to hear about it.
    Karen W.

    ReplyDelete